Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Still no pills

Very, very soon, I need to revise my resume and send them to law firms. I can't start my own firm - I can barely keep up with the laundry. But then I start thinking about all those inspirational quotes that say stuff like "Never quit!" or "Don't allow 'can't' into your vocabulary!" and I feel like I should just take a risk and do it. Then I think about how I need to be able to hire a nanny this fall, so my kids don't become latchkey kids at age 8 and 10, and then I think it's just safer and wiser to work for someone else.

Another thing that's been on my mind is this whole blending of families thing. I've got my 2 girls; he's got his cat. I'm serious about the cat thing - it's a whole big issue. If we were to live together, I'm allergic to cats, so he's concerned about having to make a "choice". I'm sorry, but, Jesus Christ, I can't believe I'm competing with a cat. I understand he's had the cat for over 17 years, but to even have it be a choice is rather insulting to me. It's not like he'd have to get rid of the cat, just leave it at his mom's house. Once he compared his cat to my kids, and asked me if I'd be happy about making a choice about leaving my kids. I tried really, really hard not to laugh and also yell at him.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

not to be morbid. but that cat is going to kick the bucket soon.
i would hold out for that to happen.

also. YOU ARE MOVING IN TOGETHER?

littleyellowpill said...

mmmm, it's complicated. right now, no. i'll expound later.