Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Indiana Jones and the Quest for Lost Youth

A couple mornings ago, my girls and I were sitting around the breakfast (lunch, dinner, snack)table, eating cereal and reading the backs of the cereal boxes. One of my girls points of a picture on one of the boxes and asked, "Who's this?" It was Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones. She then said, in disbelief, "THAT'S Indiana Jones?! How come he looks so OLD?" And, you know what, he did look old. But I felt sort of defensive, so I said something like, "Well, in the earlier movies, he was really young and handsome." My girls had stopped listening to me, because, well, I sounded like an old lady at that point. I was actually pretty shocked at how much Indy really had aged. In my mind, Indy was always such a dreamy college professor/archaeologist/action figure/down to earth/hero/rescuer. I guess he still is, but after that cereal box, I tell you, I'm going to have to watch the earlier movies so I can be reminded of his dreaminess.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

well gosh...i know i am just as dreamy as i was in my twenties...

hee.

kids think we're old! yikes. when did we become adults?