Thursday, March 27, 2008

Gimme

Today, I got a message at work that someone from HR had called for me. Immediately I start thinking that maybe I've come in late too many times or that I shouldn't work offsite as much or that the judge is firing me. When I return the HR person's call, she begins our conversation this way: "I don't have my notes in front of me, but you should know that I've already discussed this with the judge..." Just as I was about to pee in my pants, she goes on to tell me that the budget and accounting department has discovered that I've been underpaid since I started working at the court, and that I'm owed a nice piece of cash. I bet she expected me to be pissed, because she kept apologizing, but, let me tell you, I feel like I bought a winning scratch-off!

No comments: