Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Some stuff

Had my first interview today. I liked them very much, particularly the hiring partner, who is a very well-regarded litigator in this state. They said good things, like "If we don't call you right away, don't think we're not interested. We go slowly on these things." And "If you get another offer from another firm, call us right away and we'll speed up the process." And "You'll find that you'll have no problem meeting your billable hours." Sounds promising, but I won't be excited until I get a call that goes something like "Welcome to the firm! You'll be making twice what you're currently making, i.e. a living wage!"

Blahblah. I feel blah today, overwhelmed a bit, out of sorts. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I have no functioning kitchen at the moment (getting new cabinets & sink put in) and I have to wash my dishes in the bathroom sink.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

When my surroundings are a complete mess, I find that it's hard to keep my spirits up. Some people aren't bothered by it so much, but I happen to be, unfortunately. Hang in there!

Your interview sounds like it went well! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! Hope you get it.