Thursday, August 14, 2008

Beds we lie on

I got sole custody, physical and legal. I felt sad for my ex afterwards, for the choices he's made in life, or perhaps the dearth of choices he's actually made. He's missed a 7 year old Suz swimming in her first swim meet, winning the championship relay for her age group. He's missed a 5 year old Char crying at her first soccer game because she can't score a goal every time she shoots. He's missed Suz's very first band concert, where she played clarinet in public for the first time and where she looked so grownup, I almost cried. And he's still missing events.

Years down the road, I wonder if he'll even know what he's missed.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

girl...
it is sad.

but they have you. and you are wonderful. they are sooooo lucky to have a mama like you.

Kathleen said...

i just realized that i left a comment on here under paul's google account. sorry...lol i wonder if you realized that, years ago, or if you wondered who the heck 'paul' was.

you are such a good mama. xo

littleyellowpill said...

I knew it was you! No one else calls me "girl" or "mama." :)